On Pins and Needles


Let it Snow
This year I subscribed to "Year of The Pinkeeps", a block of the month club from Primitive Gatherings and this is my finished pinkeep for January. The kit came with the pattern and wool felt to complete the project but did not come with any of the threads to match the wool or the embellishments like the snow flakes or mittens and buttons, I was thankful to have had all I needed in my stash.  I also added a few elements not listed on the original pattern instructions, like the words on the bottom, Let it Snow, the lace trim and the weighted bottom to make it stand upright. Also, instead of using the called for fiber fill, I used some sheeps wool I had that was two short to spin, using seconds off the wool carder is great for this.  I also added some lavender buds and a few drops of lavender essential oil to the wool prior to stuffing so it smells great!

Thanks for reading and watch for February's pinkeep.

No comments: