Out With the New In With the Old?

That seams kind of backwards doesn't but as I put the Laminaria in the UFO pile for a while I spotted this old beauty and decided to resurrect it. It is the Floral Felted bag pattern by Nicky Epstein.

The only reason It was put there on hold was because we were moving. The bag is finished as far as the knitting and felting goes as you can see but I have made some changes by adding a few beads, and that is what I am working at finishing up. Now if I can find where I put the beads I was using. Then I just have to add handles and it’s done.

















One other change I made is a hidden compartment in the bottom (inside) of the bag.




When I felted this it became floppy and this space allows me to slide in something sturdy to stabilize the bottom and keep it flat, I show plastic canvas here because that is what I used during the felting process to keep from felting the space shut. I could also leave this space empty and use it as a floppy bag, so this adds a little versatility I think.


This has been a fun project so far and I’m looking forward to getting it done so I can use it!

1 comment:

Jill L said...

What a beautiful pattern -- like meeting up wit an old friend Have fun!