One Time Announcement!

The exciting news you have all been so patiently waiting for. Drum role please…

For all the years I have been spinning one question people ask me keeps popping up over and over again and that question is, do you sell your handspun yarn?. My answer has always been no but my wonderful husband to me that I should give it a try, so that is what I’m doing.

Now everyone has always known me around the web as either littlehouseinthewoods or on Ravelry as littlehouse so it seemed only right to name my new handspun yarn business Little House Yarns. My website is not finished yet but is up and located at http://www.littlehouseyarns.com you can currently go there and put a push pin on a guest map to let me know you were there. I will also have a business blog located at http://littlehouseyarns.wordpress.com/ but it is not up yet so don’t try to go there just yet, I will post the entire link when it is up and running.

So, what will I carry? Handspun yarn of course! In all weights, types, and colors. I will have “dye your own” white/natural and colors I dye myself. I will even be offering my own hand dyed, handspun, self striping sock yarn as well as solid colors. I will also take special requests from my special blog friends here just because I love you all so much!
I will also have handmade accessories, I am currently working on my own design of needle case holders and I’m busy making stitch markers and a few other things too.

I do have a special request from some of you that regularly read this blog. I am in need of some test knitters that will be willing to knit shop samples for me, using my yarn and then writing a review of the yarn. If you are interested in doing this and would like more information just leave a comment stating that your interested and I’ll get back with you regarding all the details. I think you will like the benefits.

Because this is my personal fiber crafts blog, this is the only announcement regarding my new yarn business that I will post here. I want to try and keep my business separate from this personal blog so when the business blog is up and running I will post the link in the side bar and all business information will be over there.

I am very busy spinning so that I can hopefully be open for business in July. I would love it if you all would post any suggestions regarding what you would like to see in my shop. Sizes/weights, yardages, colors, smooth yarn or funky novelty yarn, or all of the above etc.

Happy knitting everybody!
Michelle

5 comments:

Jadielady said...

YAY! This is exciting :) I can try to do some samples - how big would it need to be? Just like a garter square?

Let me know jadielady at gmail.com

Unknown said...

When I say shop samples I mean something knitted, like mittens, scarves, socks, hats, sweaters etc. I guess I should have more clear on that.

If there is something I need to clarify please let me know.

Dianne said...

Michelle,
This sounds wonderful..I'm afraid I'm not skilled enough to do test knitting..but I can't wait to see your yarn etc..I'm glad your Hubby encouraged you...Good Luck!

Jill L said...

Hoe exciting -- I'll watch your blog for updates! Good Luck, too!

KnitWithTammy said...

I just got back to the blogosphere after a month away, and want to say "Good Luck"! This sounds like a fantastic oportunity, and I hope you do well!

I would love to do a sample or two for you. Just let me know.
KnitWithTammy at gmail dot com