Knitting With Handspun Angora

With all the spinning I’m doing I am finding it hard to spend quality time with my knitting but here is a little progress report on the stuffed knitted bunny I started. Since I am making a bunny I thought what better fiber to use than bunny fiber so I am using the fiber from my own Sable colored German Angora bunny. I no longer have this bunny since I couldn’t bring any of my fiber animals with me when we made our move to Virginia two years ago so I have had this yarn for a long time now and it is actually my first angora spinning ever so it is a little sentimental to me. It has been sitting just waiting for the right project to come along and I thought this one was fitting. I spun this fiber from the fold and is a fingering weight. The pattern calls for a cast on to measure 6” and I thought I had done that but as I kept knitting each row the width began to multiply and maxed out at 12 inches, exactly twice what I thought I started with so I guess the whole thing about bunny’s multiplying is true even when knitting, hee hee hee. No, seriously when I measured my CO stitches they were tight and close together. As I knitted those stitches they became a lot more relaxed and expanded out to their true measurement. I decided to keep the size and just make a larger bunny.


Here is the link to the free pattern I’m working on, since the photo is copyrighted I can’t post it here so you’ll have to go to the link to see what I’m making, it’s really cute!

http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/bunny.shtm

No comments: