Hi everyone,
I have been out of the loop for a while because of a rotator cuff shoulder injury I sustained from falling down a flight of stairs back in January. I have been through x-ray's, an arthrogram MRI (that is where they stick a needle into your joint and pump it full of contrast dye) excruciatingly painful. At the present I am still in physical therapy where I have been for the past 3 months but the doctor is still not happy with the progress and will most likely give me cortisone shots next.

The MRI found no tear which was good news but it did find a bone spur, extremely inflamed tendons, bursitis, and osteoarthritis.

All this is taking a long time and I get very discouraged at times, I just want to be myself again. I don't think my shoulder will ever be the same again.

One thing this experience has shown me is the poor condition I have allowed my body to slip into and that has prompted some healthy changes.

You know, "they say" everything happens for a reason and I believe my falling down the stairs was what I needed to open my eyes to the unhealthy choices I was making.
It may have saved my life.

I hope you all are well and I will try to start posting more often as my healing progresses.



1 comment:

Jill L said...

I hope you feel better soon and make the healthy choices you need to!