In Dreams KAL Project (part 2)

I thought I would post an update on the In Dreams shawl I started and post a couple of pics. I really debated with myself wether or not to even post it because I have decided that it would be best to take out what I have done so far and start over, eekkk. I did make a couple of errors along the way that are not that noticeable so I thought I could keep going and it would turn out fine. However I have also missed one very crucial direction in the pattern that has been causing my stitch counts to be wrong every other row. So by restarting this project I will be more aware of all those oopsie spots I made and hopefully do it better the second time around. But I won't be restarting this project till after Christmas because the holidays are always so hectic for me in the first place and this project requires my full attention. So below are a couple of pics to show you where it is at the moment.
Ok I had trouble placing this pics side by side so the one on top here is of the whole thing so far. The one underneath shows the up close detail of the beads, you can notice that some of them are hiding behind my stitches. This was one of my mistakes that I thought I could fix during the blocking stage. I discovered I was placing the beads on wrong by knitting the stitch first then placing the bead when I should have placing the bead first then knitting the stitch. So this should work out much better when I re start this project in January of 2012 :)

No comments: