New Project

I have started a new Estonian lace shawl project entitled Laminaria that I am very excited about and the pattern is free at this link if anyone else would like to try it. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTlaminaria.html

I purchased the yarn for this project from One Planet Yarn and Fiber and I am very pleased with their service, very fast shipping. To check them out you will find their link on the upper right side of my blog. Back to the yummy yarn! This stuff is a little bit of heaven after working with that hemp crap (more on that later). Anyway, here it is…
It is a 50/50 blend of Suri Alpaca & Blue Face Leicester (BFL) and the color is called Mermaid, the yarn is by Fleece Artist out of Mineville, Nova Scotia and is from the hand dyed Suri Blue line. My photo of this yarn doesn’t really do it justice but they have a much better picture of it on their website, just click on Suri Blue to see the whole line of colors. The colors remind me of all the colors of nature I experienced by the ocean while living in Maine so I think it is very well named with colors of forest and moss green and fall leaf brown to the hues of blues and violets of wild flowers growing on the hillsides in spring and a hint of yellow reflecting off the beautiful crisp clean waters. Oh boy, I’m getting carried away here aren’t I, well it ok to get lost sometimes right? It helps break up the madness in this world. I will have pictures soon of my progress on this new project.

Back to the hemp market bag project, I am now working on the handles and this nightmare is just about over. I am happy with the final outcome despite all the problems I had with this yarn but I will not be using this yarn ever again that’s for certain. I may use the pattern again now that I have worked out all the bugs.

Till next time… happy knitting!

1 comment:

Jill L said...

lovely yarn -- can't wait to see it knit up. I hope your daughter is making progress

Jill (from 360)